Devil's Island (Interview)

 


1. WHAT WAS THE FIRST GAME THAT YOU PLAYED THAT MADE YOU FALL IN LOVE WITH GAMING?

I do not remember exactly. It was definitely one of two titles: Shadows Over Riva or Demo Age of Empires I.

2. HOW DID YOU GET INTO GAME DEVELOPMENT?

It may sound too silly, but it's true. One day I woke up and decided that I wanted to be a game developer. And so it has remained to this day.


3. TELL US ARE YOU A SOLO DEV OR DO YOU HAVE A TEAM AND IF SO HOW DID YOU FORM YOUR STUDIO?

.That's how I've always been interested in it. I was slowly entering this industry, watching various tutorials, unity training, animation, video, C #.





4. WHAT GAMES HAVE YOU CREATED BEFORE DEVIL'S ISLAND?

Devil's Island is my first game.


5. WHERE DOES DEVIL'S ISLAND TAKE PLACE?

For legal reasons, I have to write that this is a fictitious name of the island


6. WHO IS THE PROTAGONIST OF DEVIL'S ISLAND?

The easiest way would be to write that the main character is a mercenary. Unfortunately, this is really a supporting character throughout the game's story. In fact, the whole story revolves around the Anunnaki, the mysterious Gods




7. WHAT ENGINE ARE YOU USING FOR THIS GAME WHY?

Unity 2020. I just love this engine.


8. TELL US ABOUT SOME OF THE MAPS WE CAN EXPLORE INTO THIS GAME?

Yes. We start in the forest, just like in Playtests. Our task is to get out of the forest. The next part of the game is a small Canadian town with a lot of zombies. We will leave it to the players to discover where we will go later


9. WHAT TYPE OF WEAPONS CAN YOU USE IN THE GAME?

At the moment I can't reveal too many details, there will definitely be more melee weapons, and the ability to upgrade the rifle


10. WHAT TYPE OF ENEMIES ARE YOU FACING IN DEVIL'S ISLAND?

at first we fight mainly nature, then dead nature, zombies, anunnaki


11. TELL US ABOUT SOME OF THE SURVIVAL TACTICS THAT YOU FACE IN THE GAME?

I have to say this even though not everyone will like it. The game is a mix of FPS and Survival. We don't have everything in an average survival game, such as building a shelter, but we also don't have an average FPS - we have hunger, thirst, roasting meat, crafting. I would like the game not to be a tracing of other games and to have its own atmosphere. Whether I'm doing it right - the players will decide.

12. GIVE US SOME OF THE DETAILS BEHIND THE MULTIPLAYER ASPECT OF DEVIL'S ISLAND?

Devil's Island will not have a multiplayer mode at launch. He will be added later. I am considering co-op for up to 4 players. It will be a free addition to the game.


13. WILL THERE BE ANY DLC IN THE FUTURE?

Yes - the map has many ways to enlarge it and I intend to enlarge the area!

14. WHY SHOULD PEOPLE WANT TO PLAY DEVIL'S ISLAND DAY ONE?

I think it's best to play on the first day, because it's like a good movie. If your friend tells you the story because he saw it first, he'll ruin the whole movie for you


15. WHEN WILL DEVILS ISLAND RELEASE AND WHAT PLATFORMS WILL IT BE ON?

24.08.2023 PC on Steam/Windows. 2024- free DLC(maybe IVQ2023), next consoles: PS5+ XBOX One,and DLC multi



16. WHERE CAN THEY FIND YOU ON SOCIAL MEDIA?

most and most often you will find me on twitter @nsnvideogame


No comments